Skip to main content

Is There Life After Death?



Ideas and images from a post on the "i09" weblog 8 Great Philosophical Questions That We'll Never Solve

I found a post titled "8 Great Philosophical Questions That We'll Never Solve" It was from the i09 weblog. I decided to share my ideas about these questions. Let me know what you think.

"Materialists assume that there's no life after death, but it's just that — an assumption that cannot necessarily be proven."
"...there's no reason to believe that we only have one shot at this thing called life." 

I believe this is a matter of faith, not logic.  

I've heard of uploading a person's soul into the internet; continuing life after death by surfing the "web world". 

I've heard of moving the soul into a new artificial body.  Just like replacing a leg or hand with a manufactured body part; the soul would be transferred from the dying body into a new body. 



Comments

  1. John, I do believe that there is *something* after our human body wears out... whether one should call it *life* or not, I can't say. But I think the soul (or again- whatever you want to call that part of us that is also a part of God/Force/Nature - perhaps *the God particle*) goes on. How it goes on or in what form, again I wouldn't know. Is this "faith" or even perhaps "hope"? Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems strange if nature/God would create a being who is aware/conscious then just let it stop existing. Otherwise why not just let us function without being conscious?
      A computer can play chess but it is not aware of it. It just plays.

      Delete
    2. But... if we are *a part* of this God/Force/Nature to start with... why would we stop existing?

      Delete
  2. It seems as if it would be a waste for all our hard-earned wisdom to just . . . disappear . . . along with the rest of our consciousness. But our logic may not be that of the cosmos that created us. I suspect (somewhat sadly) that when we die, we're about as dead as a slow rabbit on a two-lane road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently had a big deconversion from faith. I don't believe there is nothing after death, I just don't see any consistent, credible evidence for it. Religions seem to be an ancient, confused mishmash of hope rather than reality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends