Skip to main content

Sleep

I woke at 6 AM today without the alarm. Usually I get up at 7:30.  This makes it 6 and a half hours of sleep instead of the usual 8 hours.
Falling asleep is no problem for me and I take a half hour nap in the afternoon.

To decide if I should always get up at 6 AM or go back to getting up at 7:30; I checked  the web for information.

On the the web I found this table:

Eight hours seems to be a midpoint.  Now if I set the alarm to 7 AM I'll get 7 and a half hours of sleep.  If I set it at 7:30 I'll get 8 hours.

I'm going to leave the alarm set to 7:30 but if I get up before the alarm I'll stay up.  This will make it 8 hours or less sleep.

Sometimes I get a little compulsive.

Comments

  1. I see by the chart that I should get 7-8 hours at my age (67). I usually sleep slightly over 7 hours at night but sometimes more and sometimes less. I often fall asleep in the afternoon for a short nap too. I must be right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to worry about what a chart says about things and just let my body give me hints. I am retired so it is easier for me to do this now.
    Sometimes I believe "average" is just a label. We are not all the same. We have different lifestyles. So maybe "average" is one of those overused words.
    Just my 2¢ worth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to sleep at least 8 hours

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing wrong with being a little bit compulsive. But I may be biased...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting...I wonder why we need less as we get older? Because we're no longer growing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends