Skip to main content


Our daughter Laurissa is coming down from Brooklyn to visit us tomorrow or Friday.  We'll get to see our grandchildren again, Miles and Evey.  Son-in-law Ryan will take turns with Laurissa driving the six hour trip.

I was hoping to give myself the weekly three hour injection of Hizentra today before they got here; don't want to scare the grandchildren with the four injection site tubing coming from my abdomen.  They're only subcutaneous but it might be frightening for them.  It would seem strange to hide in another room.

The delivery of the medication and injection tubing never arrived today. There was a mix up by FedEx. The package should be here tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment at 1:30 but there should be enough time to finish the injection before they get here.

Just in case you want to see details I have these two videos.

The first is a video with instructions. I use more; four sites and three syringe-fulls. There is no pain involved except for the tape pulling on my tummy hairs when I'm done.



The second video is about CIDP.  I use the newer subcutaneous injection instead of intravenous.  I can do it at home each week instead of at the hospital infusion center every six weeks.  The weekly injections allow for a more steady level of treatment.





We'll be celebrating Miles' birthday.  It'll be great to see Miles and his sister Evey again.
I wish we lived closer.


Comments

  1. I'm sure the videos are informative. I did not view them because we are talking about needles. Hope your visit with the little ones is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Fed Ex messed up. Seems these delivery companies are just getting worse and worse. I have a lot of trouble with USPS packages. I don't mind a mistake. Everyone makes them, but don't lie and say you were here and I wasn't home, when I sat here all day waiting. Enjoy your time with your grandchildren. If you don't mind, what part of Brooklyn? I live in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They live in Bedford Stuyvesant.

      Delete
  3. Really interesting videos, John. I'm glad you're not having any trouble with the self-injection routine. If your grandchildren ever do need to see the needles and tubes, it might not be so bad; if they see you coping with it fine, it may lessen their fear. That is a very funny photo up top of the Fed Ex delivery guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. Enjoy time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear John i am sooo happy that your dear daughter and grandkids are coming to spend time with you !

    your concern is really touching ,reminds me time when hubby did same for one year daily and my younger son still has scary memories about it

    stay strong you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a special time when you see and spend time with the grandchildren.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends