Skip to main content

Strandbeest

I just had to share this with you. It's fantastic. I wonder if this might evolve into a new form of transportation or more realistically a beach side fun ride. 

"Dutch engineer/artist Theo Jansen is known for his Strandbeests, giant kinetic sculptures  that move along the beach on their own, powered only by the wind. Over time, the Strandbeests have evolved to be bigger, lighter, and faster. They seem to be living beings, although they are made of PVC pipe, string, and zip ties."
From the blog:

Try full screen.





Comments

  1. Amazing! I loved the video with all the different kinds of sculptures! Thanks for posting this, John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous. They still have an unsteafiness about them though. I'll wait until I know they won't fall over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the wrong burst of wind would knock them over.

      Delete
  3. I have seen videos of these fantastic sculptures before. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anything like this. That is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing you showed this here, now if I see one on the beach I won't run screaming in terror! It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite amazing isn't it.
    Thanks for sharing it here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends