Skip to main content

Trying my iPhone Camera

I finally bought myself a smartphone. My old flip phone could no longer get charged. I used to call it my "dumb phone" because all I could do with it was make calls and send texts. It had a camera but the images were so small on its screen that I had trouble seeing them.

I found the iPhone on Consumer Cellular brand new for a $160.  It can do all the major functions.  I'm not sure what it can't do but it may be the amount of memory.

Here are a few photos, not bad.





I'm impressed by the video quality.


Here's a video of my grandchildren Evie and Miles on Labor Day. There's a boy named Oliver not in the video. He's the son of a friend.


I didn't take this last photo of Evie but I want to share it with you. 
My son-in-law Ryan Hampton took it.

Comments

  1. Your new phone takes nice crisp pictures. And your granddaughter is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phones now take photos that are better than most point and shoot camera making those camera hard to sell. I appreciate your skill with your phone. I can tell that you are a real photographer and know the difference between portrait and landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Also, having the phone in your pocket all the time makes it possible to capture special moments when it would just take too long to get a camera out and ready.

      Delete
  3. I can see that you're enjoying your new iPhone. I love mine... and have had one since our grown kids told us we needed one a few years back. Started with the iPhone 3 and now have the 6. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rian. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it.

      Delete
  4. Pretty nice photos. Enjoy the experience of the new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phones do take great pictures. It is the only camera I use now that my camera died. My phone doesn't take good zoom pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does take good photos and videos! That last photo that you kindly gave credit to your son-in-law, it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive images and videos! The colours are great. And your grandkids are adorable. Evie is so big already! Time sure goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with the phone. I'd like to see Evie and Miles more often.

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed with the picture and video capabilities of smart phones. I'm still using a flip phone and a small point and shoot camera but eventually one of them will break and I'll be in the market for a new phone.

    Both your gardens and your grandchildren are looking wonderful! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your pictures are very good, and the video's too, which I enjoyed, thank you.
    Your grand-children are just lovely … great post John.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment Jan. I'm glad you liked the post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends