Skip to main content

Weekly Routine

Yesterday I did what I do each Wednesday.
I injected three vials of immune globulin subcutaneously to control my neuromuscular chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP). It's related to MS but not as bad.
My CIDP is not as bad as many other diseases so I'm usually not in a bad mood about it. 

The injections seem to help but I still have some trouble with balance and I need my ankle brace to walk with a walker.  I moved up from a wheel chair to a walker and now I might go to a cane, maybe just a cane at home and a walker when I go out.

Anyway the immune globulin injection takes all afternoon, about three hours but it feels like all day.  I try to not make any plans and just take it easy.


Here's my equipment and three vials of immune globulin.  I used to get an IV dose at the hospital every six weeks but the doctor thinks this weekly dose at home will keep the blood levels more even and so work better.
This way I can be free to move about the house instead of being stuck on a reclining chair at the hospital.

I had the idea to add another gadget to my blog. It will feature one of my old posts that I especially like. I'll try to change it each week. 

Comments

  1. Looks like so much work but I hope it's helping.

    I look forward to reading some of your old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping this weekly dose at home will keep the blood levels more even and so work better for you.

    It will be nice to read some of your old posts.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's going well, John. As you said, it's still a lot of time but it is better than a hospital chair. Good luck and be careful if and when you progress from walker to cane.

    Great idea to showcase older posts! I enjoyed the one on wolves you posted here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends