Skip to main content

New to Me: Thoughts About Spirals

I came across a web post about spirals that got me thinking about how fascinating they are; in mathematics, science, nature and art.

They have something to do with the Fibonacci  sequence:
"Each number in the sequence is the sum of the two numbers that precede it. So, the sequence goes: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, and so on. The mathematical equation describing it is Xn+2= Xn+1 + Xn"
It's a little bit too technical for me. I'll have to learn more about that but for now I'll just show the video about spirals.


Sorry about the spiral above. It makes it difficult to type or read.






Here's the video:









Comments

  1. I like number puzzles like that. The formula makes perfect sense to me. The first spiral picture is spell-binding. The second makes me dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating video! The Sacred Spiral of Life is a powerful spiritual concept as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, I looked up The Sacred Spiral of Life; very interesting and meaningful, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! The first and last images are hypnotizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, after I look at the spirals for a while then look away I see some sort of movement, maybe a spiral going in the opposite direction.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting.
    Youngest son showed me a black and white spiral yesterday and had to look at it for a few minutes then look at the back of my hand - the skin on my hand then moved :) just amazing how the eyes were deceived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too Margaret! My eyes were fooled or maybe it was my brain.

      Delete
  5. Amazing! That is a fantastic video, quite awe-inspiring. Thanks, John!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and also quite hypnotizing …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of afraid to look at it for a long time. I'm not sure why.
      Thanks for your comment Jan.

      Delete
  7. really interesting dear John!

    i liked the concept and last image making me dizzy

    my younger son asked me to see firmly to it for while and then look at back of my hand .it felt like it was also moving ,little scary
    it proves it's all about the way we make our mind to look at things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends