Skip to main content

Some Thoughts About the Corona Virus

I think this doctor's mask from the Great Bubonic Plague captures how scary the Corona Virus may seem to some people.

My wife had to cancel an appointment for her back pains with a neurosurgeon who practices in Philadelphia. It was not worth the risk travelling to a large city hospital. The receptionist said they had many cancellations.

In some ways the Corona Virus Epidemic reminds me of the Bubonic Plague. Here's some information I found on the web:

 Wikipedia:
The Black Death, also known as the PestilenceGreat Bubonic Plague, the Great Plague or the Plague, or less commonly the Black Plague, was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history resulting in the deaths of an estimated 75 to 200 million people in Eurasia, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351.[1][2][3] The bacterium Yersinia pestis

This was a bacteria. Today's Corona is a virus which can be just as deadly.

Virus: Invading you to stay alive.

Here is a good link:  Differences Between Bacteria and Viruses

Another good link:  Do I Need An Antibiotic? Know the Difference Between Viral and Bacterial Infections



I wonder if they also ran out of masks; just joking.

Some videos:






I pray the Corona Virus Epidemic (or Pandemic) ends soon.



Comments

  1. Hope your wife has little back pain. Know that can be bad. Thank you for the Black Plague mask image. How appropriate for this this era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the plague doctor masks but didn't know their story -- thanks! Interesting videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those masks just added to the horror of that pandemic! I'm sorry your wife had to miss her appointment. A lot of folks have had to put everything but critical needs on hold. It's just not worth the risk. The next few months are going to be critical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting videos! Things are being put on hold or canceled as the slowing down of the virus is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed for sure, Martha. Slowing it down is important.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry that your wife had to miss her appointment, I think many other people are too.
    Interesting videos and information.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are predatory birds, vultures, etc. that were immune to the Black Plague. I found that out at a wildlife presentation where volunteers were trying to save these unusual looking birds from extinction. I asked the presenter if that is why the plague doctors wore those masks, did they know or was their immunity something that was discovered later. He did not know. Well, it is all very interesting. I think we are better equipped to understand and avoid a plague these days, but we have one weakness they did not, worldwide travel. It is best to stay home for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also pray the virus ends soon. I know that they say that masks wouldn't help us but I don't see why they wouldn't. I am all for them! Anyway that could help, I say. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for important information dear John

    never experienced such situation before
    hope your wife and you stay well healthy and safe
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends