I was going through some old notes when I came across this sheet of good advice. I copied it from one or more places but I neglected to put down the sources.
GOAL DETAILS & ADVICE
1. Choose goals by importance & priority considering limited time & energy.
2. Quality & effectiveness of effort more important than the amount of time spent on a goal.
3. Appreciate the experience as you do it: enjoy present moment flow & spirituality.
4. Avoid getting it over with & out of the way just so you can move on to next task which only leads to being in a rut and not appreciating what you have, always wanting more.
To keep or improve the quality of your life; evaluate how you feel about your activities:
I. IF YOU ENJOY SOMETHING:
a. MAINTAIN: Do it regularly.
b. FREQUENCY: Do it more often.
b. ENHANCE: Improve how you do it. Make it more effective.
c. EXPAND: Do more activities like it.
II. IF YOU DISLIKE SOMETHING:
a. AVOID IT:
If you can’t avoid it
b. CHANGE IT:
- Improve it to make it more acceptable. Change how you do it.
If you can’t
- Look at it from a different perspective. Find what is good about doing it.
If you can't
- Accept it, finish it & move on to something you like.
1. Save or make larger blocks of time for your priorities.
2. For the rest use a flexible to-do list.
3. Plan for just 50% or less of your time. With only 50 percent of your time planned you will have the flexibility to handle interruptions and the unplanned "emergency."
4. When you expect to be interrupted schedule routine tasks.
5. Ask yourself “what is the most important thing I can be doing with my time right now?"
6. If you like, make 1 day a month or so a "goof-off" day to relax.