Skip to main content

A Quiet Rainy Day

A raining Friday, good for taking care of indoor activities around the house.  
Don't want to speak too soon but I feel better after going back to subcutaneous shots of immune globulin (SCIG) instead of intravenous. Wish me luck.

Yesterday I  gathered my supplies and injected myself.  One of the four lines had some blood in it, so I had to reinsert it in another location. But it didn't clear up. I had to do with three lines instead of four. The swelling is a little larger that way.

Four hours later and I was done. Well it took a little longer because of setting things up and putting them away afterwards.  Also, there is a little bit of hesitation before I can get myself started. Now I'm all finished for another week 😃.

Subcutaneous is more convenient because it's done at home when I want, no appointments or driving to the infusion center.
Here's a video showing how it's done:

Enjoy your weekend.



Comments

  1. The rain video is marvelous. I could actually smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, John, and enjoy your upcoming injection-free week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that rain video also. Watched your home infusion video too... good luck with that. Glad you're good for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to smell rain on the grass! Love your video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the home infusions do work better for you; it's so much more comfortable to do anything at home versus a hospital. I'm impressed you can do the whole thing yourself!

    That's a gif of the rain pounding down - I've seen rain like that, but never been out in it. My son had to walk home from school in it one day. He didn't have a dry stitch on when he got here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean that's a "good" gif, not just "a gif" - lol

      Delete
  6. Lovely hard rain video. With rain like that you need to find out how long a cubit is, and start building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like that photo with rain falling.
    Watched the video and how wonderful you can do it at home yourself and it seems to make you feel improved more so than the other way...good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy the sound of rain. I find it so relaxing.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends