Skip to main content

Sweet Pea




My wife Lynette likes to listen to the "oldies" while she takes a shower.  I was in the bedroom when this song came on. After all of these years it still makes me smile. It has a very catchy tune with simple lyrics.
I found this video on YouTube. I love the innocent looking girl. It was nice of  Tommy Roe to sing the song to her.





SWEET PEA 
Tommy Roe 

I went to a dance just the other night 
I met a girl there she was out of sight 
I asked a friend of mine who she could be 
he said that her friends just call her Sweet Pea 

(chorus) 

Oh Sweet Pea 
come on and dance with me 
come on come on come on and dance with me 
Oh Sweet Pea 
come on and be my girl 
come on come on come on and be my girl 

I walked on over and asked her to dance 
thinkin' maybe later of makin' romance 
but every guy there was thinkin'; like me 
I had to stand in line to get a dance with Sweet Pea 

(chorus repeat) 
I finally got to whisper sweet words in her ear 
convinced that we oughta get away from there 
we took a little walk I held her close to me 
and underneath the stars I said to Sweet Pea 

Oh Sweet Pea I love you can't you see 
Love you love you love you can't you see 
Oh Sweet Pea come on and be my girl 
come on come on come on and be my girl



Comments

  1. I always loved this song and did a fair amount of dancing to it. Thanks for the fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it Teresa.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends