Skip to main content

Dracaena Fragrans Growing Buds 2018

About a year ago my plant grew two flowers. Now I found two buds growing. From a distance the buds are hard to see.



Below are some closer views.



Look closely to see the droplet of liquid.  It was a very sticky liquid last year that dripped on the plant leaves and "corroded" some holes in them.  The buds should grow linger in a little while.


I found some dead flies near the buds so I wonder if the plant somehow used them for nourishment or was it just a coincidence?

Links to last years photos:

REFLECTIONS: My Plant Just Grew a New "Thing"

REFLECTIONS: Dracaena Fragrans Corroding Itself


Comments

  1. Your plant looks healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post more photos when the blooms get bigger.

      Delete
  2. The close-ups are so sweet. how long will it be before they fully bloom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that some plants (like yours, and Christmas cacti) bloom when the days are getting short instead of when there is more sunlight! Your plant looks very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Christmas cactus that's blooming now.

      Delete
  4. Those close ups are excellent John :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's truly a healthy and beautiful plant!

    I wonder if those flies sacrificed their lives for that plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they became stuck on the plant's gooey liquid.

      Delete
  6. I think the flies feed of anything that is rotting there but I can't see anything that is.
    Beautiful plant and you are so lucky to have it on the way to flowering again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends