Skip to main content

A Better Way to Fix Your Gas Cap Opener

I found a better and easier way to fix my gas cap door opener.  My gas cap door stopped working. I was forced to gently pry it open with a screw driver, being careful not to damage the door or scratch the car.  A better way would be to have someone hold the release lever from inside the car.  Watch this on the video.

I think this is the hard way to do it.    

He needs to find a sort of spring and use a drill and screws.


I just adjusted the original "spring" by gently pulling on it to increase the tension.
Now it works fine for me. Maybe it will not work in every situation but it's worth a try. 




Comments

  1. It seems there's a video for everything on the internet - we are lucky to live in such a time, in my opinion! Glad you got your gas cap fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the title I thought you were going to tell us about the dangers of stuffing a rag in to replace the cap itself. I always thought of those as giant Molotov cocktails on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband did the molotov thing. He drove in with our 4 yrs. old, proud of his problem solving skill.

    It was me who blew up. He is a man with 0 commonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother has posted several things like this to do with cars and he is amazed at the number of views they receive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how much information you can find online for just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should imagine not a good feeling when trying to get the cap off and it won't come.
    Always interesting to be able to look on YouTube for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The internet has so much information available.
    Pleased you were able to get your gas cap sorted and fixed.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends