Skip to main content

Advice From the Lockpicking Lawyer

 


I recently came across one of the Lockpicking Lawyer's videos on YouTube. I may not be taking it too seriously, but it seems kind of silly to me. But with all the strange people out there it could be dangerous. He might encourage someone to try it out in a real situation. It's supposed to be a hobby. 

He says he He works with lock manufacturers to improve the security of their devices. He also sells the tools he uses through his own company, Covert Instruments  


While still learning how to pick:
It’s probably for the best that I was pretty terrible back then because there’s no doubt that I would have gotten into trouble.  After several months of consistent failure, I abandoned my efforts.






"It’s funny how often people ask, “Are you really a lawyer?”  The answer is "yes.”  At the time of this interview, I am a 37-year-old practicing attorney from the Washington, D.C. area.  The focus of my law practice has nothing to do with locks or security.

Some more examples of the tools of the trade:




Lock picking from an inside view.


He did not really invent this.



After some practice, it's not really that difficult.

Here is a nice set of tools, for a birthday or Christmas? 




Should this be legal? Or can someone just make their own tools? Is it like a set of knives? 

Take care,
John


Comments

  1. Well, everyone needs a hobby! Like many skills and tools, lock-picking is not illegal in and of itself. It has many legal applications. It's only when you use it to commit a crime that it becomes illegal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends