Remarkable similarity throughout the ages, compared to the demands placed on women's bodies. And of course, consequences for not fitting the ideal have never been as serious for men as for women.
I have noticed that men do not have the same restrictions placed on them that women have. Mostly statues and paintings of male bodies are always lean and muscular...but in real life this is not true. Women are still expected to be thin and delicate and men strong and protective of the "weaker sex." Oh well...life goes on~
This is the great David of Michelangelo, one of the most beuatiful statue of ever. I will post some photos shortly I took from my last visit in Florence. Saluti dear John, I am writing from Kansas City now! ... Cheers!
Yellow Daisies /Everyday People
-
September is the month for the native yellow flowers that I have shown you
before! They are called yellow daisies, but they are technically
sunflo...
I’m still here
-
Oh bless *Carol from Atlanta *, she missis me!
Alas I’m not in some faraway place
I’m on my last shift of three
36 hours working in three days
Not much ...
Monday Murals -- Spirits of the Land
-
I'm taking part today in
Monday Murals hosted by Sami.
*Wolf* and *Eagle* embody and protect the wilderness
painted on a traffic controller box at a busy ...
Crying
-
We lived in a predominately Polish neighborhood. Like any ethnic group they
were distrustful of new people, So it took a while for us to be accepted.
My...
Just a few thoughts... and a little humor
-
When trying to pull up my blogger 'reading list'... I noticed that the
address was : https://www.blogger.com/blog/reading/*6076673433792968099*.
And I t...
Termite Mounds
-
4,225 km (2,625 miles) from home here in Launceston, Tasmania, is
Litchfield NP in the Northern Territory of Australia. A long way from home
for sure, it t...
Things to Consider
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really...
Series Of Inconveniences .......
-
Hello dear friends
Hope having blessed times by the grace of God!
Sorry for my late posting .I have few natural excuses for that actually. As
i...
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
Remarkable similarity throughout the ages, compared to the demands placed on women's bodies. And of course, consequences for not fitting the ideal have never been as serious for men as for women.
ReplyDeleteI have noticed that men do not have the same restrictions placed on them that women have. Mostly statues and paintings of male bodies are always lean and muscular...but in real life this is not true. Women are still expected to be thin and delicate and men strong and protective of the "weaker sex."
ReplyDeleteOh well...life goes on~
Large men with strong bodies have usually been thought of as good protectors and providers. That is traditionally what women seek.
ReplyDeleteThis is the great David of Michelangelo, one of the most beuatiful statue of ever.
ReplyDeleteI will post some photos shortly I took from my last visit in Florence.
Saluti dear John, I am writing from Kansas City now! ... Cheers!