Skip to main content

Apple Harvest Festival 2016

It was an interesting, fun afternoon at the local fairgrounds.  It started to rain when we got to the fair but it only lasted for about one minute, then the sun came out.  Besides displays of various kinds of apples there were art projects for sale and food stands.

I  never knew there were so many varieties of apples, hundreds of them.


Lynette and I bought two candle holders from this woman who somehow made them from tin cans using a blowtorch.





Antique cars were on display in another area.



This Thunderbird reminds me of the one I saw in my neighborhood when I was a kid.  It was white. I loved it. At first I thought the dummy under the car was run over but with the tools by its legs it was supposed to be fixing the car.
I wonder why Ford stopped making the Thunderbird. I know they made them again but only for a short time. I'd like to own a modern version.

This is the model of the Corvare I learned to drive with.  My father would take me to an empty parking lot and let me take the wheel.  Every once in a while the car would stall because a belt came off the engine.  We opened the hood, which was in the back of the car and just put it back on the air cooled engine. Then we were back in action.



Comments

  1. I knew a blowtorch came in handy somehow. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how she does it. It's a great way to recycle old cans.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun time! I like those candleholders too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, John!!! What a great day you and your wife had at the fair! Great photos! I especially love the very first one...magical.
    The photo of the "dummy" working on T-Bird was very creative and does look quite real...at least in the eye of the camera :)

    Thank you for sharing your day with us~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a newer Thunderbird. It was not nearly as nice as the older classic ones. I would prefer the classic myself. It is one of the prettiest cars ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pics. I like the candle holders in the very top pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your first photo, the colours are lovely to look at.
    Fairs are such fun, glad you enjoyed it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff. I love festivals and fairs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love an apple festival.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a great time. One of the things I really enjoy at these events is the art projects. Some people create the most amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Well, I was a photographer before the stroke and I'm impressed by them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends