Here's the video about trying something new for 30 days:
For my next attempt I'll try to:
1. Give the project a few days to try out. If I feel it's worthwhile I'll continue. Otherwise I'll choose some other goal. There's no shame in stopping a goal that's a mistake. If I'm going the wrong way there's no shame in correcting course. (As an example I need about 8 hours of sleep. If I try to get by on less I'll feel miserable. So I'll stop and just switch to another project.)
2. The goal must be realistic, not almost impossible to do. (A bad habit might take longer than 30 days or I might need someone's help.)
3. It must be what I really want, not just anything to fill up the 30 days.
4. I can start at any time, not just the beginning of the month.
5. I'll continue with the project past the 30 days if I want or just remember it as a completed project.
6. It's okay to skip a few days then go back to finish the 30 days or even skip a month.
Do you have any thoughts about this?
Have you tried it?