Skip to main content

Meeting People




















I just joined the Sons of Italy with my wife.  We needed a way to get out and meet people.
Tomorrow we'll have dinner with the group.  The members are mostly middle aged and over.
At first I did not feel I was old enough to fit in.  It's scary but in fact I'm older than I feel!

I'm also going to look for a younger group of people to join.  I'm hoping some of their energy will rub off on me!

There will be a grab bag auction with the proceeds going to charity.  The bags will have inexpensive new or slightly used articles

We're bringing two bags. One has a picture frame and the other has a journal and pens.






Comments

  1. How nice for you and your wife, John. I hope that you have a wonderful time.
    I like what you have chosen for the grab bags you are taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea John. It's good to get out and meet new people and do new things. You can also learn so much about the Italian culture especially coming from the older generations. Hope you both enjoy it and I like the grab bag auction idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of being around younger people and hoping it rubs off...I have read that Dick Van Dyke says that is how he stays young!!
    I wonder if Louis Zamperini belongs to this, he SHOULD! (You should look him up if you don't know the name, I have posted about him SEVERAL times, he is a hero to me!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of him until now. Thanks for sharing.
      My next post will be a video of his life.

      Delete
  5. John, I am very glad that you and your wife joined this group. I never heard of it but it's very exciting to meet new people and some day even have new wonderful friends.

    Great idea, John!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends