Skip to main content
Walking Extra Two minutes Each Hour May Offset Hazards Of Sitting Too Long
Here's some healthy advice I came across suggesting that walking for an extra two minutes each hour may help prolong life.
This is what I'm trying. I have a small kitchen timer which I set for 1 hour. When it goes off I set it for 2 minutes and walk around the rooms in my house.
Links:
Walking Extra Two minutes Each Hour May Offset Hazards Of Sitting Too Long : Health : Headlines & Global News
Walking an extra two minutes each hour may offset hazards of sitting too long -- ScienceDaily
New Posts from Blogger Friends
-
The World
-
(via Cracked)
Send messages to radiofox@gmail.com
4 hours ago
-
Rocks in Kununurra, NT
-
The photos of the some of the rock formations around a town called
Kununurra in Western Australia in the tropics of Australia. Kununurra is a
very inter...
5 hours ago
-
-
-
10 Astonishing Animal Abilities Scientists Never Saw Coming
-
Animal behavior often seems predictable. Swallows follow the summer, ants
build colonies, and most creatures run when they encounter a predator or
wildfi...
11 hours ago
-
Let's Dress Up
-
Halloween is coming. Did you celebrate? Did you dress in a costume? Did you
Trick-or-Treat?
I love Halloween. I love the colors: black and orange. I rea...
16 hours ago
-
Thoughts and Smiles, Health Update
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really a...
19 hours ago
-
Fun Facts This Wednesday
-
Changing the pace with this midweek post.
Bringing you three fun facts 😊
~ xxx ~
October 7 is National Bathtub Day, a day that encourages you to draw ...
21 hours ago
-
Take Heart
-
I’m thinking of *Yael *today, and of *Lee *too.
And stream follower *Zachary in Tel Aviv *got a message from me too as did
*Yael*
*Lee *received a kiss , ...
23 hours ago
-
-
odd things...
-
This will be an odd post. But just got out of the shower and was thinking
about all the *odd things that happen *occasionally.
Our shower head in the m...
3 days ago
-
More Yellow Daisies/England Dreams
-
Hey! Here are some photos of the yellow daisies (small sunflowers) that I
told you about in my last post. You can see my son, Christopher with me
...
1 week ago
-
Some Beautiful Moments Frozen In Camera
-
Hello Beautiful Souls!
Hope blooming in the September with all your light and beauty❤️
We are fine and waiting for cool days . Temperatures are still...
1 week ago
-
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
7 months ago
-
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
3 years ago
-
-
Capri view
-
vista su Capri
sullo sfondo la penisola Sorrentina
Giugno 2015
10 years ago
-
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
12 years ago
-
-
Very good advice!
ReplyDeleteStrolling? I can do that!
ReplyDeleteWalking is my favorite exercise, so I say go for it.
ReplyDeleteInteresting. I have problems with circulation that affects my feet and ankles. Years ago my doctor said that alternating sitting and standing at work whenever possible would be best. I guess he knew what he was talking about.
ReplyDeleteThat is interesting and I walk around if I have been sitting too long.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you are ok..
Thanks Margaret, I'm okay.
DeleteIt's still hard to believe it happened until I see my bruises in the mirror. I'm so grateful because it could have been so much worse. It makes me shiver if I think about it.
Anyone with any inkling of good health knows that walking is good for you, if not imperative. My doctor has prescribed for me - 72 years of age and with a left side back, due to polio when 2 years old and heaps of sporting activities when young after the polio was overcome, hanging by thread to walk 10 klms a day!!! I think I do at least 5 klms daily.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was working in an office at the end of my working days as an analyst, the rule was to get up every 2 hours from the computer and walk around the office for at least 10 minutes. This wasn't "policed", but everyone did it. Also is good for your eyes.
Who wants to look like that fat slob that is at the top of this blog??? Not I, thank you.
Colin
PS: Glendambo somewhere in Australia - the flies ate the inhabitants of that town - ha ha.