Skip to main content

Pumpkin Patch Progress 2016

At first I thought the rabbits, birds or squirrels ate all the seeds. I think they did eat most of them but there are many that survived.

There are more smaller sprouts on the other side of the patch.

Here's a closer look at the two sprouts from the above photo.


I'm sure there will be more but there is not enough room for them in a 4' x 4' plot.  
I don't have the heart to pull up some of them to make more room for the others. I can transplant some into large flower pots and let nature take care of the rest.
All of these plants came from an old rotting pumpkin. I buried all of its seeds just to see what would happen.

Comments

  1. Just think of all the jack-o-lanterns you'll have for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pr4edict lots of pumpkin foods at your house this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see new plants pushing up their first leaves of the year, You should have plenty of pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, there will be a lot of pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll be interesting to see what they look like a few weeks from now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful, pumpkins when they grow. Wonder what type of pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, wait until all those pumpkin vines start running!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends