Skip to main content
Our First Pressure Cooker
Last week I bought a Pressure Cooker at Walmart to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. It's a Farberware 6 quart "7-1 programmable pressure cooker". I like it because it can also be used as a crock pot slow cooker.
The first thing we cooked was a pork roast. It fell apart but tasted great.
Next we want to try the slow crock pot setting, maybe on chicken cutlets.
It's a new toy for old folks. I even want to try and cook, which is something I usually leave for Lynette who loves to cook.
Any favorite recipes you'd like to share?
Strange or funny experiences you've had and want to comment about?
New Posts from Blogger Friends
-
October Calendar
-
Matt Shirley's calendar for October is all about Halloween. I think he's
based this on what happens every year, at least in his world. Halloween is
a lo...
2 hours ago
-
-
-
How Come
-
My daughter is blessed with three big brothers. I always wished I I had a
big brother.
My daughter adored her brothers. They adored her. It is still tr...
16 hours ago
-
Four Reasons to eat your Autumn and Winter Vegetables
-
*"From pumpkins and parsnips to carrots and cavolo nero, these seasonal
vegetables are packed with the good stuff – and they taste great too.*
The colder...
19 hours ago
-
Heaven sent
-
The village from the South East
By villager David Hirst
20 hours ago
-
-
Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit! October 1, 2026
-
Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!
It's October 1st!! AND it's 71 outside!! Also it's *raining*... started
yesterday and still raining today. Maybe our tr...
2 days ago
-
10 Dinosaur Myths That Refuse to Go Extinct
-
Dinosaurs are the celebrities of prehistory: instantly recognizable,
endlessly merchandised, and constantly misunderstood. Thanks to movies,
outdated mus...
2 days ago
-
More Yellow Daisies/England Dreams
-
Hey! Here are some photos of the yellow daisies (small sunflowers) that I
told you about in my last post. You can see my son, Christopher with me
...
2 days ago
-
Take a Deep Breath!
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really a...
2 days ago
-
Scenery
-
We headed off to Bridport the other day and was gone for 5 hours. I took
some photos of the spring pastures along the way. Bridport is a rural area
wit...
4 days ago
-
Some Beautiful Moments Frozen In Camera
-
Hello Beautiful Souls!
Hope blooming in the September with all your light and beauty❤️
We are fine and waiting for cool days . Temperatures are still...
4 days ago
-
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
7 months ago
-
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
3 years ago
-
-
Capri view
-
vista su Capri
sullo sfondo la penisola Sorrentina
Giugno 2015
10 years ago
-
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
12 years ago
-
-
Let's see, I don't have one but my Dad cooks pinto beans in his pressure cooker, I think.
ReplyDeleteI remember we had one as a kid, man in those days, it scared me to death, I always thought it was going to blow up!
This is the first time we've had a slow cook and pressure cooker.
DeleteHave fun with it! I've never used a pressure cooker but we picked up a slower cooker last month and I am loving it. Your machine looks very impressive.
ReplyDeleteIt's not too expensive for what you get.
Deletedoes indeed sound like a new toy to cook with. never had one of those as yet.
ReplyDeleteI'll see how it works out.
DeleteI've always been scared of pressure cookers.
ReplyDeleteThe new ones claim to be safer.
DeleteSlow cookers are good to use. I love mine. Well, I used to.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to enjoy it.
DeleteMy mother used her pressure cooker when she was canning. I like the slow cooker for all those wonderful one pot meals.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds good.
DeleteHappy Anniversary to you both.
ReplyDeleteI've not had a pressure cooker, although I know those who use them love them.
Slow cookers, are great, especially for one pot meals.
This lamb recipe is nice Beer-braised lamb shanks
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/beer-braised-lamb-shanks.html
You can even make a dessert in a slow cooker Raspberry Coconut Cake Using A Slow Cooker
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/raspberry-coconut-cake-using-slow-cooker.html
All the best Jan
Thanks for the recipes.
DeleteI wouldn't know how to use one
ReplyDelete