We had a small tree like that up until last year, that is a nice looking tree that you have. Burl Ives could sure sing good his voice always make me think of Christmas.
Fine looking small tree. A Merry Christmas to you John. Nothing wrong with an artificial tree. They are safer, and not likely to bring insect life into your house. And it is cute.
Hi John :) I watched Rudolph yesterday with Burl Ives as the snowman :) I was going to say what Debra said too, gifts are bigger than the tree lol...but simplicity is just as lovely and festive as a big old Christmas Vacation tree! ;)
I'd have a tree like that but my husband wouldn't, but that's fair because he's the one who sets it up :)
Burl Ives always makes me think of Christmases far in my past, because "Holly Jolly Christmas" was one of the two records my mother liked and played at Christmas time.
I think it's adorable! We had a couple of Christmases with a small tree and I was perfectly satisfied with that. This year we put up our bigger one as a celebration because we were so excited at finishing the cleaning and painting of our home! Plus everyone is coming here on Christmas day, so we're making it very festive.
Harvest Festival Time : Celebrations
-
*photo credit*
*'*We plough the fields, and scatter the good seed on the land;
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand:
He sends the snow in winte...
Crying
-
We lived in a predominately Polish neighborhood. Like any ethnic group they
were distrustful of new people, So it took a while for us to be accepted.
My...
Invisible
-
Do you ever feel insignificant ?
I must admit I don’t very often.
But I did today, strangely enough when buttering a piece of toast.
The toast wasn’t the...
Just a few thoughts... and a little humor
-
When trying to pull up my blogger 'reading list'... I noticed that the
address was : https://www.blogger.com/blog/reading/*6076673433792968099*.
And I t...
September Full Moon Altar: Queen of the Night
-
The Goddess at the centre of this month's altar is a bit of a mystery. Her
image comes from an alleged Mesopotamian / Sumerian / Babylonian ancient
plaqu...
Termite Mounds
-
4,225 km (2,625 miles) from home here in Launceston, Tasmania, is
Litchfield NP in the Northern Territory of Australia. A long way from home
for sure, it t...
Things to Consider
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really...
Two Songs for You
-
Two songs!
The first one is a small clip of a song that Dolly Parton sang with the
David Hidalgo, the lead singer of Los Lobos. (Do you remember t...
Series Of Inconveniences .......
-
Hello dear friends
Hope having blessed times by the grace of God!
Sorry for my late posting .I have few natural excuses for that actually. As
i...
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
It's always a good Christmas when the presents are bigger than the tree!
ReplyDeleteWe had a small tree like that up until last year, that is a nice looking tree that you have. Burl Ives could sure sing good his voice always make me think of Christmas.
ReplyDeleteFine looking small tree. A Merry Christmas to you John. Nothing wrong with an artificial tree. They are safer, and not likely to bring insect life into your house. And it is cute.
ReplyDeleteHi John :) I watched Rudolph yesterday with Burl Ives as the snowman :) I was going to say what Debra said too, gifts are bigger than the tree lol...but simplicity is just as lovely and festive as a big old Christmas Vacation tree! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love Burl Ives too. If you are just having the two of you the small tree works well.
ReplyDeleteA tree is a tree. Easy to put up and take down. : )
ReplyDeleteI'd have a tree like that but my husband wouldn't, but that's fair because he's the one who sets it up :)
ReplyDeleteBurl Ives always makes me think of Christmases far in my past, because "Holly Jolly Christmas" was one of the two records my mother liked and played at Christmas time.
I think it's adorable! We had a couple of Christmases with a small tree and I was perfectly satisfied with that. This year we put up our bigger one as a celebration because we were so excited at finishing the cleaning and painting of our home! Plus everyone is coming here on Christmas day, so we're making it very festive.
ReplyDeleteOh I remember Burl Ives, loved his voice when he sang 'Cool Clear Water' or whatever it was.
ReplyDeleteThe tree is lovely.
Merry Christmas...Margaret
I think your tree looks good.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan