Skip to main content

I Purchased a Rollator

Medline Ultra Lightweight Rollator

This afternoon one of my physical therapists suggested I try a rollator instead of a walker.  I never heard of a rollator. It has four wheels, larger than the two wheels on a walker and two hand breaks.  The front wheels turn. It weighs only 11 pounds so it will be easy for Lynette to fold and put in the car. (I can't drive myself for a while.)

She told me this was more stable and if I become woozy I can just rest on the built in seat.  It also has a storage area under the seat.

At home I'll use my wheelchair until my balance gets better but I can try the rollator to go shopping or eat out.

I bought it online from Walmart with free two day delivery.  It should arrive on Friday.  Wish me luck.


Comments

  1. I knew some folks at Dad's nursing home with this kind of device. They found it very helpful. I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxious to hear how you like it. I can no longer walk through the store to shop so I use one of their motorized carts. I feel silly and I can walk. Just not for any distance or extended period of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a post about it. I'll get it this Friday and try it out for a few days first.

      Delete
  3. We have a friend who uses one of these all the time. It improves his mobility so he can go where he wants all the time. Good luck with yours. Hope you also retain your mobility and strength. It helps to be mobile to shoot photos, and I have always enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words. I don't want to stop taking photos.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! I hope it really helps. Looks like a really handy and stable way to get around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, they are great, John! My Mom had one a few years ago and my sister uses one right now. I know you'll find it very useful for better mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvellous they are, many have those down this end of the world, most of my past patients loved them..
    Good luck with it and you will get use to it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great way for you to get around better. Hope all goes well and you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these can be an excellent aid - hope you get on with it very well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends