Skip to main content
Started Self-Administration of Subcutaneous Immune Globulin This Week
I usually go to the hospital for a four hour IV of Immune Globulin every six weeks to treat my neuromuscular disorder, CIDP (Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy). Now I"ll try injecting myself once a week subcutaneously for about two and a half hours, which should be safer than an IV. Instead of a large needle in a vein I'll have four tiny insulin sized needles in a fatty area of the skin.
I'll be able to walk around while wearing the needles and pump. It will also level out the doses. I pasted some information below.
CIDP is:
Mine affects both my lower legs and causes me to have many falls and makes it difficult to walk, especially without my leg braces. Right now I'm using a wheelchair and working my way up to a walker.
The medication is called Hizentra:
Mine is with four needles and it will take a few times for a nurse to show me before I'm comfortable with doing it myself.
New Posts from Blogger Friends
-
Speaking of Bats . . . as in BATSHIT CRAZY!
-
*Meanwhile in Canada, as*
*the Trade War continues . . . *
*YES, I DO!*
2 hours ago
-
Truth in Packaging
-
(via Fark)
Send messages to radiofox@gmail.com
2 hours ago
-
-
Herd Mentality
-
I’m enjoying *Celebrity Traitors *but non but the murdered *Bella Ramsey (
and perhaps the desperate Hannah Fry) *have understood the phenomenon of
her...
15 hours ago
-
Heating Matters To Consider
-
Here in the UK some may have been wondering, when is the right time to put
the heating on?
Official NHS guidance recommends turning radiators on once outs...
16 hours ago
-
Beautiful Afternoon , Heaviness Brought By News And Few Questions
-
Hello Sweet Friends !
Hope having blessed times by the grace of God!
I am fine and hoping for cool days ahead. This is beautiful warm afternoon
.Sun is...
1 day ago
-
-
10 Drowned Towns That Reappear When the Water Recedes
-
Somewhere beneath an ordinary-looking lake, streets lead to houses nobody
has entered for decades. Across the world, communities were abandoned or
forcib...
1 day ago
-
Justin Hayward "Hello Young Lovers"
-
Hello Young Lovers
Hello to all my blogging friends! Here it is October and we are being told
that the hurricane that is headed to the Gulf coast o...
1 day ago
-
Rocks in Kununurra, NT
-
The photos of the some of the rock formations around a town called
Kununurra in Western Australia in the tropics of Australia. Kununurra is a
very inter...
1 day ago
-
Let's Dress Up
-
Halloween is coming. Did you celebrate? Did you dress in a costume? Did you
Trick-or-Treat?
I love Halloween. I love the colors: black and orange. I rea...
2 days ago
-
Thoughts and Smiles, Health Update
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really a...
2 days ago
-
odd things...
-
This will be an odd post. But just got out of the shower and was thinking
about all the *odd things that happen *occasionally.
Our shower head in the m...
5 days ago
-
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
7 months ago
-
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
3 years ago
-
-
Capri view
-
vista su Capri
sullo sfondo la penisola Sorrentina
Giugno 2015
10 years ago
-
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
12 years ago
-
-
Good luck with that, John. I hope it does the job for you. Do I understand that you'll be doing it at home? If so, that will be more comfortable than going to the hospital, on top of the other benefits you mentioned.
ReplyDeleteI'll be mentioning this to my cousin who has CIDP; she has weekly IV treatments so she may not be a candidate but it never hurts to ask.
I hope it could work for her. I'm just starting mine so I'm not sure yet.
DeleteYou are so much braver than I am. Needles or anything else puncturing skin is something I can't deal with.
ReplyDeleteI'll give it a try. Hopefully it will be easier than an IV.
DeleteI hope it works well for you! Being at home is always more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteThanks Martha. I'll try it.
DeleteWell, you are a very good DIY kind of guy! As Martha says above , I also hope this will work well for you. When I typed DIY it changed it to FIT! So remember you are a FIT guy!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments Kay.
Deletedear John missed reading you!
ReplyDeletei think it is so brave of you my friend and i am sure it will be easier than taking it from nurse
i saw hubby doing this for two years while he was on treatment of hepatitis and believe me it was not as esy as you see in the video
Thank you my friend. I hope it works out.
DeleteThanks for sharing this with us John, I hope it works well for you.
ReplyDeleteMy good wishes
All the best Jan
Thank you Jan
DeleteYou’re going through a lot of pain. It’s obvious. How you can remember the name amazes me. The hard work you go through is something I take my hat off for.
ReplyDeleteThank you Terry.
Delete