Skip to main content

Don't Forget Your Old Shipmate


I thought about my brother Anthony the other day.  He doesn't live nearby so we only see each other about once a year.  We don't call each other as often as we should but we still are brothers.
Sometimes this old sea chantey reminds me of the two of us, not as sailors but as having so many similar life experiences, especially as kids. I'm not sure how "safe and sound" life is now but we made it! 
Here are links to YouTube:
This one has nice views of sailing ships and sailors.
This link has the lyrics to the song.

Comments

  1. Love the picture on this post.
    "We don't call each other as often as we should but we still are brothers."

    Why not give him a call now :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanteys are great music. I'm sure you know that the sailors sang them to keep their timing for work and to keep their sanity while out at sea for so long. A lot of them are quite risque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you'll get in touch soon! My brother only lives an hour away and we still don't see each other often. I should call him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture reminds me of my own brother! He always loved pictures like this when he was growing up, and eventually had his own sailboat for a few years. We don't talk often, either, but we are closer now than we ever were as kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends