Skip to main content

My Brother Anthony's Birthday

Oxalis Triangularis
Also called False Shamrock or Purple Shamrock

 My brother loves his houseplants. He even keeps a list to grow the ones that are safe for his location. So I bought a wooden potted set with the shamrocks already planted and ready to grow.

This was great because he just had surgery on his right hand and it would be difficult to work with soil.  I also bought one for myself.

I took these photographs a few years ago.  My daughter bought them for me after I admired hers.


I was able to get some nice shots of its flowers.


Here is a closeup of the tiny flowers.


Comments

  1. I like the pot, looking good in stripes and it matches the flower.
    It's a pretty tiny flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like shamrocks in a pot too -- they're easy to grow and hard to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicate looking flower, very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved this gorgeous flowerpot dear John !

    happy birthday to your brother !
    hope his hand is fine now ,these are splendid shots indeed :)
    blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends