Skip to main content

Building a Pathway

 

Lynette and I are paying concrete workers to make a pathway for our rollators. Lynette has trouble walking because of a back operation that went poorly. I have a neuropathy which leaves me tired and my legs weak. It's gradually getting worse so I might need a wheelchair someday. The three concrete steps that we now have are dangerous for us to use.

These photos show where the soil was dug away and the I-Rods lined up. This will allow the concrete
to be poured into the depression. They set this up yesterday, Saturday. Monday the workers will pour the concrete.

There is enough room for a small patio.

This will be a small stairway off to the side for those who don't need help getting up stairs..

There will be a chair lift where the landing is now. The landing will be built up to make it easier for a rollator or wheelchair to get in and maneuver. I think it will look better than a wooden plank. It will be flat, not at a slope.







Comments

  1. John, sorry to hear the curses of old age are creeping up on you and your wife. You are doing just the right thing by having the concrete work done by professionals. It is back breaking labor, and best left to the young and strong. Glad to see the photos documenting this project. Know you will both appreciate the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to making it easier to go outside. Some days it just takes too much effort. I like to eat lunch out in the yard. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. These are such great plans. I think you'll really appreciate their benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that makes life easier and more pleasant to live is worthwhile! Show us the photos when the project's completed too! I'd like to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is going to look and be good for the both of you, thinking ahead and getting it done in time is good thinking as we all age. I'm getting on myself, in age I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about five years from now when I'll really need it.

      Delete
  5. It is such a pain having to use aids to get around. I purchased a loading ramp for the entrance to the house. It is not only cheaper than the wooden ramps I often see it is much shorter. Of course it is too narrow for a wheelchair which I thankfully don't need. I hope you post a picture of the finished product. I wish both of you the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends