Skip to main content

Waiting for Someone to Clean Up the Mess

 
I recently had a lift installed to make it easier to use my rollator and wheelchair. The two companies did a great job. But both the elevator company and the concrete company left a mess. I thought someone would clean up.

I called both of them. The concrete company said their job was finished, It must be my fault for not seeing that the wording on the contract did not mentioning anything about cleaning up the mess. 

The elevator company thought the concrete workers should have cleaned up. But they told me not to worry. They would make sure that it would be done one way or another.

I asked another contractor. He told me it would cost about 500 dollars!  The mess includes very heavy concrete and brick items. It would take two men. Also the dump site charges a fee according to the weight.




Wish me luck.

Take care,

John


Comments

  1. The mess is like my brothers' bedrooms. Splattering of hidden stuff and even their a hidden supply of wine. It was made with lime aid, and it was horrid, apparently , but it was hidden away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good luck! Service is not like the old days, is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear me, that's not good.
    Each company should clean their own mess up and take it all away free of charge. I would have thought it's part of their job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's awful! Every company should clean up after themselves. It's the right thing to do and it leaves a really good impression about their service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And seeing as how you need the walker and wheelchair it should be a breeze for you to hop right out there to take care of it yourself. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is not good.
    I would have thought that the company should clean their own mess up and take it away.

    I wish you luck in getting this sorted.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends