Skip to main content

Saturnia Cruise Ship Around the 1940"s

I dabble in my ancestry from time to time. Some of the photographs in my collection are a mystery. My parents passed away some time ago so I have no one to ask.. Now I have to do detective work to figure out what was going on and identify some of the people. It can be enjoyable but also frustrating. 

My mother is the 4th woman from the left. She's the pretty one with a smile, white shoes and socks.  I have no idea who the other women are.
The Saturnia had a twin sister ship called the Vulcania. The life preserver indicates the ship they were on.
They were Italian built luxury liners. I don't know how my mother could afford it. I'm not sure if the ship was coming to America or returning to Italy. She came each way.

Here are some videos I found on the web:

Luxury Interior


The Engine compartment


Here are some luxurious rooms:

Dining

Dining


Ballroom 

Interesting, isn't it? 


Comments

  1. She must have had a wonderful time. And you are correct; she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Both the ship and your Mom! John, I would have left a comment on your last post with the Noir shadow video but your blog comment box is not working on that post and would not let me enter text or leave a comment, Just FYI. Glad this post's comment function is working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. Glad the comments are working now. I have no idea why it was not working before.

      Delete
  3. Travel on a luxury liner was a life changing experience for many people. Your Mom was off on a great adventure. Always good to learn of your family history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom looks really sweet and beautiful. It's interesting to learn about our ancestry. I wish I had asked more questions while my parents were still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother does look lovely.
    Beautiful views of the ship too.

    Good luck with your research, I can appreciate it being enjoyable but also frustrating.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends