Skip to main content

CHAPTRER THIRTEEN


 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

 

Lilith lived alone in a large cape-cod style house.  It was at the end of a long curved rose bush lined driveway.  Tall trees all around the house caused it to be for the most part always in a dark shade.

Levi parked on the street at the end of the driveway.  The house could not be seen from the road, but he was familiar with its location.  He visited Lilith regularly for what he called his "instructions".

They both had one deep need, to find someone to commit murder for them.  They met at a local college public lecture about serial killers.  There they learned the details of Charles Manson's life. Just as he was never actually found guilty of committing the murders himself, he was still responsible.  This time instead of a cult following, Lilith and Levi intended to set things up; quietly and safely enjoying the results from a distance.

“Open up.  It’s the fat assed, bald headed pizza boy with your pies,” Levi pounded on the front door.

“Don’t worry, it’s only me,” he said.

“Put the pies on the dining room table while I get the wine,” Lilith said as she opened the door allowing him to squeeze his large body through the entranceway.

“I got the large pie with extra cheese and meat for me.  I have your small pie with extra sauce and very little cheese.  I guess we both have to watch our figures!”  Levi did what he almost never did, he laughed.  It was a loud laugh, a wild angry laugh.

"Tomorrow’s plan is to get Tom as he leaves his apartment and take him to Doctor Carlton,” Lilith said.

“But he’s a waste, a piece of crap.  Why not just let me take care of this as I usually do?  We can’t use him.  Just chalk it up as a failure then look for someone better.”

Lilith took a slice of pizza and blotted off the surface oil with several paper towels.  Then she took a nibble.

“It’s different with Tom.  I have a feeling he’s the same inside as we are,” she said.

“He’s trying to dump us like garbage,” Levi shouted.

“A little more time to adjust, that’s all he needs.”

“But why bother with him?  He wants to go back on his agreement.  Now it’s my turn to make him pay.”

Lilith had to find a way to convince Levi that Tom was not a threat.  She was sure that Tom loved her.  In her mind it was "love at first sight." The way he looked back at her with desire was her "proof".

Levi took several bites then swallowed the rest of his slice.  He gulped down his wine then filled another glass.

“Let me do my job.  Don’t waste time.  Doctor Carlton will not be able to convince him,” Levi insisted.

“But I need someone.”  Lilith's eyes began to tear.

For Lilith this need for a personal closeness was completely unexpected.  Being alone never bothered her before she met Tom.  She was not sure what to do.

At the diner she knew she made a fool of herself by trying to flirt with him, but she could not help herself.  She remembered how Tom laughed at her.

"Damn it!  I'm such an idiot.  I have no idea how to do this.  If I could only convince Tom to accept me," she yanked her hair and squeezed her eyes shut.

It was not the sex.  Lilith could have as much sex as she wanted.  She was young and attractive.  With Tom it would be different.  They could be close lovers helping each other, spending time together.

Levi kept eating and gulping down wine seeming to ignore what she was saying.  He stopped eating for a moment to look at her.

“This is a chance to have my own soul mate,” she said.

“If you’re so horny, why don’t you just go play with yourself?  If you like I can help,” Levi said seriously.

“Thanks, but I need someone who’s just like me.  Someone who’ll understand me.”

“I understand you,” Levi said before picking up another slice.

“I know and I’m grateful to have you but we’re not lovers.”

“What the hell are you talking about?  Love? Come on now.  You know we’re best friends and I want to help you.  If you turn into a saint, I don’t know; it would be hard for me to kill you,” he laughed his loud wild angry laugh.

Lilith remained quiet.  She was in no mood to laugh at Levi's silly joke.

“I know where you can find all types of young studs with all kinds of fetishes.  Just tell me what you need.”

“Levi, it’s not the same.  I want him to be with me because he truly wants me.

“What does that mean?”

“Tom is the way I was when I first started.  I feel for him.  He’s just as lost as I was.”

“So what?”

“I want him to be with me, so I won’t feel so all alone.”

“I still don’t understand but I’ll do what I can to help with this fantasy of yours.  Then when you get tired of him, if he still doesn’t join us, you know what I’ll have to do.”

Lilith ate half of her pizza and gave the rest to Levi.

Comments

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends