Gah. We have several ant hills in our back yard. We've been trying to get rid of them for several years now. My elderly mother's method is to take a kettle of boiling water and pour it on the first signs of a hill. She feels sorry for the ants but it's no worse than putting out poison. And it works.
Justin Hayward "Hello Young Lovers"
-
Hello Young Lovers
Hello to all my blogging friends! Here it is October and we are being told
that the hurricane that is headed to the Gulf coast o...
Creamy Chicken Korma : Gluten Free : Low Carb
-
This easy chicken korma recipe is mild and rich with cream, but it's still
really tasty. Remember if you want to reduce carbs and keep them low
consider ...
Animal Review
-
Weaver is a vampire
*Bun *has been gone for over two months now.
She’s not coming back.
😔
*Weaver *only comes alive and friendly as darkness and silence...
Rocks in Kununurra, NT
-
The photos of the some of the rock formations around a town called
Kununurra in Western Australia in the tropics of Australia. Kununurra is a
very inter...
Let's Dress Up
-
Halloween is coming. Did you celebrate? Did you dress in a costume? Did you
Trick-or-Treat?
I love Halloween. I love the colors: black and orange. I rea...
Thoughts and Smiles, Health Update
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I
really a...
odd things...
-
This will be an odd post. But just got out of the shower and was thinking
about all the *odd things that happen *occasionally.
Our shower head in the m...
Some Beautiful Moments Frozen In Camera
-
Hello Beautiful Souls!
Hope blooming in the September with all your light and beauty❤️
We are fine and waiting for cool days . Temperatures are still...
Catching Up
-
Hello, my people.
It's been so long since I've posted, I feel like I don't quite belong in
the blogosphere anymore.
But here I am anyway.
I am at home ...
Chuckles and Chortles
-
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you're all doing well. What's going on with
everyone? What's new in your world? Share in the comments. I'd like to hear
all ...
Time-Out
-
Every now and again in life we come across a bump or hurdle. It can come in
our relationships, our finances or as in my case, health.
Right now I've been...
How odd not to see any ants working around the mound. Interesting series.
ReplyDeleteAre you trying to get rid of them? I would be, before they take over your yard.
ReplyDeleteI keep trying. I hate the red ants who climb up my arm and bite while I'm gardening.
DeleteThe photos are great, but yeah, I wouldn't like them up my arm biting me either!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a big one to me.
ReplyDeleteGah. We have several ant hills in our back yard. We've been trying to get rid of them for several years now. My elderly mother's method is to take a kettle of boiling water and pour it on the first signs of a hill. She feels sorry for the ants but it's no worse than putting out poison. And it works.
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty big!
ReplyDeleteGoodness, their home that seems rather large.
ReplyDeleteGood sized ant hill. They sure work hard. I got bit yesterday by an ant out in the garden.
ReplyDeleteAdobe Ant Condo...wow!!!
ReplyDeleteOur ants are lazy compared to yours...one mound, one entrance 🐜
That does look a fair size ant hill to me too!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan